Call for Speakers
The Athens International Forum on Security is honored to have been able to host some of the most prominent international speakers in the field of information security. You can browse the pages of the 2008 and 2009 events to see our speakers. We are now accepting speaking proposals for the upcoming 3rd AIFS, which will be held on January 27-28, 2010. The forum will address challenges and opportunities for the new decade: topics, workshops and case studies are organized along the following four tracks:
- Security in an Interconnected World
- Metrics for Security
- Security Audits, Compliance and Standards
- Social Media and Social Networking: Risks and Threats
You can see suggested topics per track (not exhaustive list) in the Agenda. All presentations will be held in English. Speaking opportunities include:
1. Keynote presentation: one per track, 45 minutes long
2. Topic presentation: up to four per track, 30 minutes long
3. Workshop presentation: up to two per track, 1-hour long *
4. Case study presentation: up to two per track, 30 minutes long *
* specifications are provided in the AIFS 2010 speaking proposal form below
- You are invited to submit original speaking proposals that relate to the conference agenda and will add to the knowledge of the audience.
- Your proposal should focus on the practical application of strategies, tools, applications and techniques. Real-life examples are of special interest.
- You may not promote products or services during the presentation, since the forum has an educational and not commercial character.
Benefits for invited speakers
- We will deal with and cover all travel and accommodation arrangements for invited speakers. Economy tickets and 4-star hotel accommodation for the dates of the event will be provided.
- Your participation will be announced and promoted through the conference website, electronic newsletters, printed and on-line advertisements, conference program and any other means available.
- You will have free access to the conference. This includes sessions, exhibition, refreshments, lunches, and networking activities such as the VIP dinner.
- You will have access to the conference proceedings and photos after the event.
How to submit a proposal
Please use the AIFS 2010 Speaking Proposal form. You should submit your presentation proposal will be accepted by September 11, 2009. You may submit multiple proposals as long as the content of each presentation is different. You will be notified of the status of your submission(s) by September 21, 2009. We reserve the right to reject a proposal without justifying our decision.