About the conference
Want to learn from best practices? Investigate the future of project management in Greece and worldwide? Network with project managers and leaders of the profession across the globe? Then this event is your next stop.
This year’s theme is “Project Management: Your Ally in Tough Times”
Today's situation calls for implementing well-structured proejct management strategies to minimize risks and provide for trust, growth and sustainability.
The event will bring together case studies, examples from real world experiences in applying project management, lessons learnt, tools, techniques and proven methodologies that have helped companies confront difficult situations, and grow and prosper.
- Success stories and lessons learnt from methodologies, tools or projects that have helped organizations overcome critical situations
- Examples of projects that have helped companies reduce costs and improve business results and quality
- A look into entrepreneurship project management: how projects adn successful project management methodologies have helped new businiess emerge and develop
- Examples from actual innovative projects that have helped society in hard times (facing poverty, natural disasters, etc)
- Ways of managing contractual relationships to optimize project management strategies (i.e. effective relationships that address market risks and improve project delivery, better management of suppliers, project risk management techniques)
- Approaches to selling project management to company's decision makers
- Ways to optimize project management: new ways of working in projects, i.e. agile project management, lean management, business analysis for optimizing processes and operations, relatioship management
- An exploration of how project management can be optimized for the IT/Telecom industry: new skills for the next era of IT projects
- Means of managing projects in the public sector in times of economic uncertainty
- Examples of how certifications and training can help in times of economic uncertainty
Who should attend
Anyone wishing to learn more about implementing project management practices, and re-engineering processes. We are gearing this conference to project managers and middle- to senior-level executives who are involved in project design and implementation, as well as senior level executives who are involved in strategic developments, R&D and corporate development. University faculty, students, consultants and environmental specialists are also invited.
When and Where
The conference will be held on June 20, 2010(8.30-18.00) at the Hellenic American Union’s state-of-the-art Conference Center, located in downtown Athens at Massalias 22.
- 2 concurrent tracks
- 2 workshops
- 8 PDUs can be applied towards PMI credential retention
- 7 CPEs can be applied towards ISACA's credentials
Conference Proceedings: All delegates will have on-line access to the conference proceedings around 20 days after the event. This value is included in the conference fee.
The official language of the conference is English. Interpretation facilities are available upon request.