About the conference
The Center of Excellence in Project Management of the Hellenic American Union in co-operation with Global Business Management Consultants, are organizing the 7th International Athens Conference on Project Management Best Practices on June 18th 2012. The Conference will be held at the Hellenic American Union Conference Center in Athens.
This year’s conference will be devoted to skill-building training workshops that focus on project management efficiency and issues in career development. Topics include:
- Career advancement of project managers
- Success stories and lessons learnt from methodologies, tools or projects that have helped organizations overcome critical situations
- Entrepreneurship project management: how projects and successful project management methodologies helped new business emerge and develop
- Managing contractual relationships to optimize project management strategies (i.e. effective relationships that address market risks and improve project delivery, better management of suppliers, project risk management techniques to minimize risk)
- Project Management optimization for the IT industry: new skills for the next era of IT projects
- Essential soft skills in managing cross-cultural project teams
Who should attend
We are gearing this conference to project managers and middle- to senior-level executives involved in project design and implementation, as well as senior level executives who are involved in strategic development, R&D and corporate development. University faculty, students and consultants are also invited.
When and Where
The conference will be held on June 18, (8.30-18.00) at the Hellenic American Union’sConference Center, located in downtown Athens on Massalias 22.
8 PDUs can be applied towards PMI credential retention and 7 CPEs can be applied towards ISACA’s credential retention.
The official language of the conference is English. Interpretation facilities are available upon request.
Conference Proceedings: All delegates will have on-line access to the conference proceedings around 20 days after the event. This value is included in the conference fee.